The Arbor Global Team
Leon A. Marcus
- B.A. Geography, Concentration in Biogeography, University of Hawaii
- International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist #WE-6935A
- Western Chapter International Society of Arboriculture Certified Tree Worker #1532
- University of Hawaii, Harold L. Lyon Arboretum (Arborist): 2002 – present
- Arbor Global LLC (Consulting Arborist-Senior Trainer): 2004 – present
- Paradise Landscape Maintenance, Inc. (Consulting Arborist): 2006 – present
- University of Hawaii, Honolulu Community College (Lecturer): 2007
- Hawaiian Sunshine Nursery/Plant Place (Nursery Technician) : 1999 - 2001
- Caldwell Tree/Just Trees (Tree Climber): 1998
- International Society of Arboriculture: 2003 – present
- Local Chair, 2007 ISA International Tree Climbing Championship: 2006 – present
- Aloha Arborist Association: 2003 – present
- Vice President, Aloha Arborist Association 2006 – present
- Conduct education and training programs for ISA Certified Arborists, professional tree workers, Landscape Architects and interested individuals in tree climbing, felling, pruning, rigging, and chainsaw maintenance and safety.
- Subject matter expert in arboriculture. Determine maintenance schedule for care of trees in the Arboretum and perform required work, which includes climbing, pruning, felling, complex rigging, cabling and bracing, and tree planting. Supervise and instruct interns and employees in the completion of work.
- Conduct tree preservation during construction and renovation of facilities, and supervise contractors working in and around trees on Arboretum grounds.
- Conduct tree risk assessment and hazard mitigation, project site inspections, and supervision of contractors.
- Conduct tree inventories and tree risk assessment for design of military housing areas.
- University trainer in Wildland Fire Techniques, focusing specifically on safe chainsaw use and tree felling in forest fire fighting environments.
- Perform tree pruning, removal, rigging, cabling and bracing.
- Conduct tree health care regimens including mulching/vertical mulching, fertilization, soil drenches, and tree injections.
- Accomplish propagation and care of palms, shade trees, fruit trees, and other nursery stock.